Melbourne's leading provider of custom orthotics.
What's an Orthotist?
Orthotists are tertiary qualified specialists in the assessment, prescription, manufacturing, fitting and review of orthopaedic bracing for the upper and lower body including the feet, knees, arms and spine.
Our approach to footcare focuses on the treatment of biomechanical (structural) deficiencies of the feet and ankles, rather than removal of corns, callouses, ingrown toenails and other dermatological ailments of the feet.
Why see an Orthotist?
Various types of allied health clinicians offer orthotic treatment, but treatment models vary depending on which type of clinician you see.
Orthotists are orthotic specialists. We have specialised clinical and technical training when it comes to the assessment of structure and function of the feet, knees and other joints of the lower limb.
This means we have the skills to personally manufacture your orthotics to the highest standards, as well as fit them, review your progress, and adjust them ourselves as required.
We never send your orthotics to outside labs for manufacture, as we believe the best results are achieved when you work with one person from beginning to end.
- At The Orthotic Clinic, softer, more comfortable orthotics are our specialty.
- We don’t fit hard plastic orthotics which can often be uncomfortable, cause severe callousing, and are difficult to adjust.
- We exclusively use foam rubbers, as we believe that they provide the ideal balance of cushioning and support for your feet, and allow for easy adjustment to achieve the most comfortable fit possible.
- We’re proud to be leading the field with the most advanced 3D scanning and orthotic design system available, allowing us to take quicker, cleaner and more precise impressions of your feet for bespoke orthotics than ever before.
- Our in-house orthotic laboratory allows for faster turnaround times and uncompromised quality control.
- Secure digital storage of your custom orthotic design for simple, lower cost duplication of your orthotics if replacement or additional pairs are required.
Why Choose Us?
- We cater for all ages and activity levels
- Your consultations will always be with the same orthotist
- We personally manufacture your foot orthotics right here in Melbourne, and never send them away to be made
- Softer, more comfortable orthotic materials are our specialty – no plastics!
- Your orthotics can be made and fitted in as little as three days
- We’ll liase with your GP, physiotherapist or other allied health practitioners to ensure you get the best possible treatment
- Free home visits for fracture treatments (conditions apply)
- Ample parking