The Orthotic Clinic is an approved supplier of the Dr. Comfort range of extra depth/width footwear.
Dr. Comfort shoes are a practitioner favourite the world over, and not just because of their superior comfort as the name suggests. Designed with the orthotic wearer in mind, features of the Dr Comfort range include:
- Various depth and width combinations to cater for feet of all shapes and sizes
- Removable insoles to allow for the addition of custom orthotics
- Additional insoles for minor adjustments to shoe depth
- Lace-up and Velcro options
- Flexible Neoprene (wetsuit material) toe boxes to reduce pressure on bunions and clawed toes
- Seam-free toe boxes perfect for diabetic feet
- Wide openings to allow for those with limited ankle range of motion, or those needing to accommodate bulkier orthotic appliances such as AFOs
- Midsoles suitable for custom shoe modifications
If you are looking for alternative footwear options, we can refer you to our trusted, ever-increasing network of specialist shoe stores.
It is important to make the distinction between just buying footwear, and having them fitted correctly. All stores we recommend have been vetted to ensure that will you have both access to a diverse range of quality footwear, and specialist fitting advice.
We also offer a range of footwear modifications. These can be done to the footwear we fit for you or to your pre-existing shoes to customise them further to suit your needs. These include:
- Heel and full shoe raises to address leg length discrepancies
- Rocker soles
- Sole flares
- Sole wedges
- Sole replacements
- Width adjustments to the shoe upper
- Localised reliefs for bunions and hammer toes